You can review your cookie choices, and withdraw your consent to our use of non-technically necessary cookies, through our Cookie Preferences. This is in addition to any other controls that may be available to you.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small data file that our Website can send to your web browser to allow us to recognize you as a user when you return to the Website using the same computer and web browser, either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). Other similar files such as clear GIFs, web beacons and pixel tags work in the same way and we use the word ‘cookie’ in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website.
- https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Website and to embed functionality from third party services. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region) and to integrate useful services provided by third party providers into our Website e.g. maps and social media features.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the advertising displayed to you more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. Please see “Interest-Based Advertising / Advertising Cookies” below for more information with respect to our use of advertising cookies.
How to Control or Delete Cookies
You can review your cookie choices, and withdraw your consent to our use of non-technically necessary cookies, through our <Cookie Preferences Center>. This is in addition to any other controls that may be available to you.
Additionally, your browser setting may provide your with additional controls to restrict or block cookies set by this Website. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer, as well as more general information about cookies. Please note that, as the allaboutcookies.org website is not owned or operated by us, we are not responsible for any of the content on them. To opt-out of interest-based advertising, see “Interest-Based Advertising / Advertising Cookies”.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of all the features or services available on this Website.
Interest-Based Advertising/Advertising Cookies
We work with third-parties such as ad networks and other advertising companies that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Website and other websites and apps in order to provide you with tailored advertisements across the Internet. This is a common marketing practice referred to as interest-based or online behavioural advertising. These companies may collect information about your activity across your different devices on our Website and third-party websites and apps (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and use this information to make predictions about your preferences, develop personalized content and deliver ads that are more relevant to you on third party websites. This information may also be used to evaluate our online advertising campaigns.
Opting-out of Interest-Based Advertising: To withdraw your consent or otherwise adjust your preferences or exercise control over the third parties who collect data on our Website for interest-based advertising purposes, please visit our Cookie Preference Centre. For more information about interest-based advertising on your desktop or mobile browser and to understand your options, including how you can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from third-party advertising companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Interest-Based Advertising, please visit the DAAC website at http://youradchoices.ca/choices.
Important Notes About your Opt-Out:
- If you opt-out of interest-based advertising by a third party, these tracking technologies may still collect data for other purposes including analytics and you will still see ads from us across the Internet, but the ads will not be targeted based on behavioural information about you and may therefore be less relevant to you and your interests.
- If you delete or clear your browser’s cookies, you will need to opt-out again.
We may make changes to this Cookie and Interest-Based Advertising Policy at any time by sending you an e-mail with the modified terms or by posting a copy of them on the Website.
How to Contact us
If you wish to contact us with any queries or concerns, please contact our VP Legal Affairs & General Counsel at firstname.lastname@example.org